This course aims to help participants understand the stigma that can be attached to mental illness and what professionals can do to support. It develops an increased understanding of the link between parental mental health and child protection and helps them to remain child focussed.
Following this course participants will:
- Have an increased knowledge of some of the major mental illnesses.
- Views and values how they impact on service users and ourselves
- Have an increased understanding of the link between parental mental health and child protection
- The impact of mental health issues on both adults and children
- Look at the risk factors when undertaking a risk assessment
Please contact us to find out more.