Do you understand the risks children and young people face when they are online?
Are you confident in speaking to a child or young person about their online behaviour and activity?
We are now living in an age where the World Wide Web and access to unlimited information is at our fingertips. Increasingly children of all ages are using the internet for different reasons and can be at times exposed to a variety of dangers / risks.
Reconstructs Keeping Children Safe Online course will help to equip professionals to identify a child or young persons activity online and some of the risks they are exposed to.
This course aims to provide a better understanding of the impact of social media, gaming and chat room apps and sites, as well as explore ways to utilise tools and resources to help effectively engage children and young people.
This one day course can be delivered to a range of multi-agency partners and can be applied to children of all ages.
• To understand key legislation related to child abuse and internet use
• To understand how offenders are using the internet
• To explore and understand technologies used by children and young people
• To explore how children and young people can be groomed by the use of the internet
• To consider how agencies are responding to child abuse via the internet and individual roles and responsibilities within this.