Lead Trainer and Facilitator
To be determined – based on location of appointee
About Our Business
We are looking for a lead trainer and facilitator to join our team and work directly with our partners from: Local Authorities, NHS and health providers, the Police, private fostering providers, education including universities, residential care providers, across the UK and online/remote delivery globally.
If you are an innovative thinker and love working in an ever-changing environment, then a training and facilitator role with Antser would be perfect for you. Antser was formed through the coming together of a connected group of companies that design and implement services and products across the health, education and social care sector. Our services cover: direct work with children, young people, families and carers; learning and development for professionals across the sectors; and technology-based solutions covering business and service support.
To support our continuing growth plan, we are looking for a qualified social worker with experience of working within children's services to help take our Virtual Reality learning programme, a behaviour change programme, to the next level. As our lead trainer and facilitator in the VR programme you will be part of our Learning and Development team reporting directly to the Head of Learning and Development whilst working directly with the Operational lead for the VR programme.
Who should apply?
If you have significant experience of working within Children’s Social Care are innovative in your thinking and approach to problem-solving and want to impact positively on children and families’ lives’ then this is a great opportunity for you. Great communication skills and being able to convey a message are essential. Experience of delivering training and/or a qualification in learning and development is desirable.
The role holder will deliver training that encompasses our cutting-edge Virtual Reality material. If you have never used VR, full training and development is available, whilst providing an opportunity to broaden your skill base.
Travel across the UK will be an essential part of the role when face to face/classroom training resumes. Whilst the role will mainly be mobile attendance to our main office in the Midlands will be essential. Covid-19 travel restrictions will be taken into consideration and reviewed regularly.
- To work with the operational team to develop training content that covers:
- Certification of a broad range of professionals to use Virtual Reality kit and content in their day to day roles in improving outcomes for children, young people and families.
- Utilising the entire Virtual Reality film content with different professional groups for different purposes, for instance: social sorkers; health practitioners; police personnel; family support workers; teachers etc.
- Developing training, utilising the VR films, in collaboration with our partners for instance to:
- increase police officer’s empathy with victims of domestic abuse;
- support family support workers in Early Help working with families;
- support smoking cessation by health professionals;
- support teachers on understanding ACE and developing strategies to manage children’s behaviour in the classroom;
- reduce placement breakdown in adoption and fostering services:
- inform community workers working with families and young people around gangs, exploitation and knife crime.
- To build and maintain effective relationships with professional practitioners across all our partners and contracts.
- To assist trainers and facilitators contracted by the company to effectively use VR and embed VR films into a board range of training programmes.
- To deliver training and individual coaching in the use of the VR programme.
- To contribute to the development of the company’s evaluation strategy, evaluation materials and work with external institutions - such as Goldsmiths, Leeds University etc in evaluating the VR programme and the wider learning and development programme, and ensure all training programmes are evaluated.
- Delivery of face to face and online training based on customer needs.
Personal and Professional Competencies
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation, analytical and written skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Experience of delivering training face to face (and desirable remotely) to other professionals.
- Desirable to have delivered training to multiple sectors
- Desirable to have designed and developed training suitable for a wide range of audiences.
- Confident training style, able to be flexible and adapt to the audience on the day, awareness of group work methods and learning cycles.
- Working with children on the edge of care, children in care and children in alternative caregiving settings such as fostering, adoption, connected persons and residential care.
- Childhood development, including adolescence.
- Maltreatment, neglect, abuse, trauma and the impact on children. Knowledge of issues impacting on adolescents including contextual safeguarding, child sexual exploitation and county lines.
- The social issues impacting on children and families including socio-economic status, poverty, domestic abuse and mental health issues. Awareness of ways of working with families but also barriers to support/access/interventions.
- Public services, and the context in which they operate.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further or apply please contact Nadia Dooner on Nadia.Dooner@antser.com