We are also looking for paid, part-time freelance advocates to join our pool across the South West M4 corridor. The advocacy role fits around other commitments but you need to be flexible and available outside school hours as well as during office hours. Excellent training and support package. You will need to have a driving licence and access to a car. Safer recruitment including DBS and other checks.
What do Advocates do:
• Provide advocacy services for children, young people and young adults who have Children’s Services (formerly social services) involved in their lives.
• Advocate with and for children, young people and young adults to enable them to have their wishes and feelings heard, listened to and seriously considered when decisions are being made that affect their lives.
• Assist children and young people obtain access to appropriate information about themselves, or decisions that affect their lives, and help them to understand this information.
• Inform children and young people about their rights and provide appropriate levels of support to assist the acquiring of this knowledge.
• Offer support and some assistance to children and young people who are considering making an official complaint.
|Advocacy Application Form.doc|
|Advocate Job Description.doc|
|Advocate Person Specification.doc|
|Disclosure and Barring.docx|
|Recruitment Monitoring Form.docx|