Reconstruct Children’s Services are looking for trustworthy, committed adults to befriend, visit and share activities with a young person in care. You will be a good role model and able to visit for around three hours once a month every month building a long term positive relationship.
We are currently recruiting for Independent Visitors – could this be you?
We are looking for friendly, reliable individuals who live in the Bristol, South West, Reading, Milton Keynes area to join our team of Independent Visitors. An independent visitor is a volunteer who visits, supports and befriends a young person in care between the ages of 8-18.
You would need to spend about 3-4 hours every month together, for a minimum of 12 months, sharing activities and offering 1:1 time. You will be a friend and a positive adult who can offer sound advice, and enable a child or young person who is ‘looked after’ by the local authority, to have contact with someone who is independent of the Social Services Department.
- To visit a child/young person on a regular basis as agreed by the young person and their carers
- To give sound adult advice.
- To befriend and take an interest in the young person ensuring, at all times, their personal safety and welfare.
- To be aware of and seek to promote any needs the young person may have which relates to their ethnicity, religion, language, disability or other specific areas
- To keep in contact with the Service Manager, Carers and Social Workers as necessary.
- To respect confidentiality except where the child may be at risk of significant harm.
- To contribute towards the child/young person’s social, emotional and educational development.
- To support a young person in expressing their views and wishes.
- To support the care plan for the child.
We offer excellent training and a full support package will be provided by our local team. Enhanced DBS and reference checks, as well as use of a car, are required for this role.
For more information visit https://promo.trixonline.co.uk/iv or call 0247 6678053 for an informal chat with a member of our friendly team.
|Voluntary Job Person description.pdf|
|Disclosure and Barring.docx|
|Recruitment Monitoring Form.docx|