By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Recognise and identify risk factors associated with Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE).
- Be able to outline the different models of CSE, the types of perpetrator and their modus operandi.
- Understand the grooming process.
- Recognise and understand ways to effectively identify and engage with children and young people who are at risk of CSE.
- Understand relevant government guidance, the legislative framework and local protocols.
This course can be customised to suit the particular needs of your organisation and those you work with. We encourage participants to consider not only their individual role and responsibilities in relation to the subject, but also to look at the subject from a multi-agency perspective. We use best practice and research examples throughout and encourage participants to develop a reflective and safe approach to their practice.
This course works well alongside our Child Abuse and the Internet course. Ask us about discounts for multiple course bookings.
Please contact us to find out more.